For some time now I have been contemplating a change in my business. The time has now come. For 12 years I have been quilting customer quilts on my long arm, it is now time for me to retire this part of my business. Let me say that I have enjoyed everyone of my customers throughout the years and have met soooo many good friends and have learned a lot from each and every one.
This has been a difficult decision for me to make and I thank all of you for entrusting me with your beautiful creations.
Let me assure you though, NOTHING ELSE in my business will change. I will elaborate...
As many of you know, about 3 years ago, I began my online fabric shop and it has grown and I am loving every minute. This is definitely a different facet of my business and I intend on devoting more time here to bring you the best fabrics, notions, patterns, and kits at the best prices online.
As you may or may not know, I have also become a Nationally Certified Judy Niemeyer Teacher. This is part of my business that I want to grow! I have always loved teaching and have already been hitting the road at guilds and quilt shops.
I would love to come to yours, if you will have me. Just send me an e-mail. In the meantime, you can find my schedule here and my current list of workshops here.
In my plans, you will also find me doing lots more designing. As you know I have been designing for Quilt Magazine and have also begun for others. This is another part of my business that I would like to grow. Oh, and I will continue to podcast, do free tutorials, and just plain blog about my quilty happenings.
So rest assured Canton Village Quilt Works is still alive and kicking, it is just growing in a different direction.
1. I will finish quilting all the quilts I currently have in my possession.
2. As of today, I will no longer accept quilts to be quilted.
3. My online shop will continue to grow and provide you with top quality fabrics. If you haven't yet shopped in my shop, give it a look by clicking here, you won't be disappointed!
4. I will be teaching, lecturing, and doing trunk shows on a regular basis. If you would like to have me come to your shop or guild, send me an e-mail.
5. Designing quilts will be on the upswing!
That is it in a nutshell. I am glad that you will all be with me on this journey, you will have first row seats right here on my blog.
Thank you all!!
Until Next Time...