Several months ago, I was thinking about doing a BOM for FREE for all my readers and more... on my blog. But I really wanted to make it interesting. So I thought about it for a little while and decided to invite some of my very talented quilty blogging friends to be part of this program. They are all designing the blocks and doing the tutorials for you to follow in making the blocks each month.
Blogger's BOM was born. (You don't need to have a blog to join in on the fun!) About a month or so ago I sent the following fabrics to the designers...
From top to bottom: Guinea Flower - Gold, Paperweight - Purple, Aboriginal Dot - Grey, Clover Dots - Green, Spot - Magenta, Shirt Stripes - Green.
I wanted the final quilt that we created to have a cohesive look. These fabrics are all from the Kaffe Fassett Collective and available in my shop.
But you do not have to use these, you can use your own fabrics to create this BOM.
This is meant to be a scrap quilt, so we don't have yardages for the total quilt yet as we don't know exactly how it will finish. Each designer will tell you what you need to complete their block.
Here is how it will work...
1. On the 25th of every month (except December, it will be either a day or two earlier or later), you will come to my blog and see which blogger's month it is for the block.
2. I will link you to their blog for the tutorial. Then you can go ahead and make the block for that month. The blocks are all 8.5 inches square.
But wait, that is not all...
3. Each month, on my blog, I will have a Mr. Linky and you can link back to your blog showing off your block from the previous month. In fact, you can link up this month to show us that you are participating!! Just scroll down to Mr. Linky, we would love to see you there.
4. I also have a Flicker group set up so that anyone participating can post their blocks there as well.
5. We all would like you to spread the word about this wonderful FREE Blogger's BOM, so grab the button below and link back to this post. That way, more people can find out about it and join in on the fun! The more the merrier, right??
The BOM will run from September 2011 - October 2012. The last month will be the setting or finishing layout of the quilt.
It is meant for ALL levels of quilters. It is ALL pieced.
<div align="center"><a href="http://cvquiltworks.blogspot.com/2011/09/bloggers-bom-quilt-along.html" title="Canton Village Quilt Works"><img src="http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6070/6149318355_8ab1bb94b1_o.jpg" alt="Canton Village Quilt Works" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
The reason for the Mariner's Compass block in the button is that... we will be your guides for the BOM.
I bet you all want to know who the talented designers for this BOM are...
September - Sherri McConnell - A Quilting Life
October - Vicki Welsh - Field Trips in Fiber
November - Stephanie Dunphy - Loft Creations
December - Pat Sloan - The Voice Of Quilting
January - John Adams - Quilt Dad
February - Amy Smart - Diary of a Quilter
August - Amy Ellis - Amy's Creative Side
September - Sarah Fielke - The Last Piece
This is a wonderful and talented group of individuals. We all hope that you will join us in the fun!!
Come on and link up below!
Linking doesn't mean you are committed.