Tuesday, November 6, 2007

What do you think?


I took a picture of my design wall and as you can see I have several projects on it. At the top you can see my BOM (Block of the Month) which I am teaching at Gone Quilting

I will be working on 2 more blocks for the BOM at the quilt retreat this weekend...I can't wait. The appliqué block has been like this for years, as I have been awaiting that "light bulb" moment to tell me how to finish it. What kind of border...flying geese, half square triangles, set it on point??? Decisions, decisions, what do I do?? Help!!! Click on the picture to enlarge to get a better look.

The last one is a small quilt that I created from the computer program Kaleidoscope Creator. I used the original photo (hanging under the appliqué block) and manipulated it with this program to form the 4 blocks and the cornerstone blocks. Then found some great batiks and Voila! a wall hanging. I just have to quilt this one.

If anyone has any ideas for the appliqué block I welcome the advise.

Hope to hear from you soon,

Jackie

Share/Bookmark

1 comments:

Shirleyquilts said...

Hi Jackie,

Enjoy the retreat! I know you will, and I hope that you get lots done. I'm going on a retreat in late Janaury, and I'm already looking forward to it. These retreats where you do nothing but sew and work on your own projects are THE BEST!

I like your double pinwheel quilt a lot. It is "so you"----bright and cheery.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...