Sunday, August 25, 2013

Antique Quilts On Nantucket

Hello Everyone,

Yesterday was a lovely day and my husband, good friend Nora, and I decided to fly over to Nantucket for the day.  We did a ton of walking and saw lots of great things, but I wanted to share the quilts that we found at this wonderful antique shop...


This was the entry way!!  There is my hubs making his way inside.  Can you just tell this is going to be a great Antique shop??


Another quilt in the window.


Look at this gorgeous stack of red and white quilts.


Blue and white... Oh my!


But this is what got me... Look at this wall of quilts!!! There were so many lovelies to look at, but I will show you my two favorites.


This one was my first favorites.  Look at the appliqué and the embroidery... just impeccable.


A beauty!


This star pattern and the use of the black, pink and white fabrics were to die for....


This grandmother's flower garden is gorgeous!!


This one had tiny flowers...


A wool penny rug.


A teeny sewing machine.


A quilt top made from state fair ribbons.


Another gorgeous block from my first favorite quilt.  LOVE!!


This is my second favorite.  Love the colors!!


Here is my favorite... LOVE every block and just gorgeous!! If only I could have taken these two home... If only!!

We did tons more things and then it was time to go home....


Here is my most favorite pilot and his plane... ready to go...

If you would like to see more photos, you can just click here.

I hope you all had a wonderful day too!  

Until Next Time...


Share/Bookmark

18 comments:

charlotte said...

Wow Jackie. Lucky you to see all that gorgeousness. I can't believe so many quilts in one antique shop! Thanks for sharing your photos!!

Donna said...

Wow ... What a collection of fabulous quilts! How lucky you are to be able to hop in a plane for such a lovely afternoon adventure!

Abby and Stephanie said...

A personal pilot! Now that's the way to travel. What a lovely shop. I've never seen so many antique quilts in one place. Thanks for sharing these beauties.

Michele T said...

Beautiful quilts and I loved to see the handquilting - gorgeous!!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I don't recall you mentioning that your husband is a pilot that you have a small plane -- what a nice way to get someplace! the shop looks terrific and so many quilts - and all hand quilted what a place!!

Cathy @ CabbageQuilts said...

Oh my goodness Jackie, what a shop, what a place to find such gorgeous treasures! Oh I wish I could visit. Love the plane, how wonderful to have a pilot for a hubby! xo

Helen said...

Oh, what a thrill! I recall visiting such a shop in New England on my honeymoon in l959. A blue dot + white Birds in the Air quilt stole my heart then and there. One of the many beautiful memories I now cherish.

Nedra said...

So exotic just to "fly over to Nantucket for the day". Lucky you! It's really cool to see your husband's plane. And that quilt shop is wonderful! The East Coast is so different than the West. Someday, I need to head your way.

Susan R said...

What a lovely day you had. I have always wanted to visit Nantucket. I can't imagine how much those quilts were; I wonder how long the store owner has been collecting them? I agree with Nedra, I wish we had shops like that out here in the West.

Thank you so much for sharing.

YankeeQuilter said...

What a cute shop and what a fun way to travel! (my Dad was a pilot...was a Navy flight instructor on PBY's during WWII...)

Melissa at My Fabric Relish said...

If only each of those quilts had their story attached. I could spend a day there just looking. Very jealous!

Kim said...

How fun! You can't beat Nantucket for a nice day trip. I like the quilt that tickled your fancy too and look at the beautiful hand quilting on it in a nice diamond grid. I do hope it was signed.

Happy Sewing

WoolenSails said...

What a wonderful shop. I really should take the ferry over, have never been to the islands.

Debbie

Jeanne Turner McBrayer said...

Thank you for sharing your visit to the quilt shop in Nantucket. There are some real beauties there!

Nifty Quilts said...

Wow! I'm gasping as I look at each photo. To think of seeing all those quilts AND going for the flight with your DH, all in one day! FUN!

ChristaQuilts said...

What a fun looking shop!

Days and colors said...

What a great shop, the quilts are so beautiful, the blue and white ones must be wonderful, a lovely day indeed!

Michele said...

Wow! But I can imagine what the prices were. I would have wanted to look at every single one. Thanks for sharing some of them.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...