Saturday, June 29, 2013

I Had to Do It...

Hello Everyone,

Have you ever been working on a project and working on the same block or unit, but wanted to make one of the other blocks or units in the design just to see how it would look??

I feel that way all the time, don't you?

Anyway, the past few days I have been working on the Willow Bed Runner and loving the results, but I really wanted to see another unit to get an idea of what it will look like.  So I had to make them!!!


Here they are... These units are the middle of the "blocks".  I used a pale yellow batik and a black batik.      These units totally transform the look of this to be quilt.


Here is a look at the whole section where I added these units.


Here is a look at all the units I was able to accomplish over the past few days.  I did 8 more of the colored units and 4 of the middle units, just today.  

Oh and I had a helper again...


My little boy has been my quality control for the past few days.  Well, he has been sleeping next to my machine.... I guess sewing is boring to him.

Until Next Time...

Share/Bookmark

5 comments:

Elaine said...

Beautiful! Your "little" boy? Looks like a hunk to me. I have a white calico little girl that does the same thing. They just like being close.

mascanlon said...

My little guy is. 60lb bulldog. e can't sit right on my sewing table but he does get right next to the chair...and snore!

carla said...

Hi!!!! Beautiful!!! I love it all!!!!

Judy H said...

I am playing catch up on the Mariner's Compass pattern being taught at one of my LQS. Of course, I now have fabric for another Judy N quilt and about 6 more patterns sitting on the shelf. Love what you are doing with that quilt.

Jean said...

Yes, I do this all the time, it's motivation to keep making the same block over and over....lol This is going to be so beautiful when you are finished.I am pretty sure you would not get as much finished if it wasn't for your helper. Just sayin'...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...