Saturday, May 4, 2013

My 2 Baby Sisters

Hello Everyone,

No, I don't actually have 2 sisters... I have 2 brothers.  But My 2 Baby Sisters is the name of a new pattern/project that I started yesterday.

I am super excited about this one, for multiple reasons:
1.  I am using Kaffe Fassett Fabrics
2.  I am using Black and White Fabrics
3.  I am making a new Judy Niemeyer pattern

Three things that I absolutely adore!!!

Let's take the tour...


I started by pulling these fabrics from my shop.... Swoon!!! LOVE color!!


Did a bunch of cutting, and...


Voila!! This is not the layout, but I had to see how the pieces would make a LeMoyne star.  Fast and easy to paper piece... Wait until you see the rest of this quilt!

But I have to start sewing...  Hurry, Hurry!!

So, do you like using brights coupled with black and white fabrics as much as I do??

If you haven't tried and are interested you can find Kaffe here, Black and White here, and My 2 Baby Sisters here.

Stay tuned for more to come!!


Until Next Time...

Share/Bookmark

8 comments:

Mary Marcotte said...

I haven't tried this color/b&w idea so I'm going to keep an eye on your progress and see what your plans are. I imagine that it's quite stunning, but maybe a little busy? Gotta admit, you have piqued my curiosity!

Anya said...

Can't wait to see what you come up with -- I love, love, love your color choices. My kind of quilter!

Northern Deb said...

You've given me a great idea of how to use my Kaffe and Amy Butler fabrics... except I might use Kona Ash as a background. I thought your background was gray until you mentioned it was black and white... BEAUTIFUL! I just don't have too many small black and whites.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

you want two baby sisters so badly you have to make them up LOL = I have a ton of younger brothers but only one baby sister :)
the fabric is wonderful!

Nedra said...

A really fun pattern, Jackie. It's looking wonderful in Kaffes

Thimbleanna said...

Oooh Jackie! I LOVE the bright colors with the black and white. Your colors are so much better than the original pattern too!

Retrogirl said...

LOVING the B&W prints with Kaffes!!! Beautiful pattern, gorgeous fabrics, of course. You're so talented!!

Judy H said...

I have my first Judy Niemeyer pattern (4th of July) in my possession and will start buying fabrics for it shortly. I purchased additional papers to make it a queen sized quilt. This will be MY quilt. Although it is done in batiks, I am interested in what it might look like in Kaffe style fabrics.....I might have to experiment first. will be following your progress on this quilt. Love the color combinations. In fact, I might turn 4th of July into a black/white with color quilt.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...