Saturday, February 23, 2013

A Private Class

Hello Everyone,

Have you ever taken a private quilting class?  If so, they are great.  Yesterday, I had the pleasure of teaching a private class in my studio.  Yes, I do teach private classes!!

This class was taught teaching the paper piecing technique for the quilt Stepping Stones.  The pattern can be found here.


Here is a close up of my quilt and the quilting.


The afternoon started with Cherie and I sorting her 2.5 inch strips of batiks.  We paired them up together in pleasing combinations of light and dark as well as contrasting.


Here is what the table looked like as we were pairing.


Here are all the pairs neatly lined up.  I just love these batiks, bright and bold.  She had purchased these strips from my shop.  They are Anthology Story Strips sold in boxes of 20 strips... no repeats!  You can find them here.


Oooops... what is this?  Cherie brought in a little show and tell!  She made a quilt that I had designed and published, called Raspberry Roll.  She made a few more rows to enlarge the quilt.  You can see my original here.  Great job, Cherie!!


Here are the blocks that Cherie completed yesterday! Aren't they wonderful??  She did a great job in class too!


Another close up of my quilt with all Kaffe Fassett fabrics.


Here is the completely quilted quilt! The binding has been applied to the front and I just have to turn it to the back and hand sew it down.  Love this quilt!

Oh, and if you are a Kaffe Fassett fan, I am having a 2 day sale February 23-24.... ALL Kaffe Fassett Collective yardage has been marked down to $8.25 per yard for 2 days only!!!  


Until Next Time...

Share/Bookmark

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the kind words, Jackie. I had fun. On to the rest of it now. After baking for Ben's birthday this afternoon, tho.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I love that quilt and have thought about making it. Nice to give a private class huh, sometimes a person needs a little more quite time to concentrate on getting it.

mascanlon said...

Great quilt! I saw a sample hanging in SoCa just this week. If my PP skills were better I would be tempted!

Sharon said...

This stepping stone quilt is gorgeous! I am loving it with the kaffe fabrics, so vibrant

Retrogirl said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the Kaffe & dots combos!! Your Stepping Stones is GORGEOUS!!!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...