Saturday, November 13, 2010

Looking Back

Hello Everyone,

With winter fast approaching and having had our first snowfall on Monday, I have been thinking of the summer. So I wanted to share a great day that we had in August.

My hubs and I had taken a trip to see Victoria and her family in August. They took us on a wonderful outing to Montauk Point Lighthouse.


A beautiful day was had by all. This lighthouse is at the very eastern tip of Long Island. What a gorgeous place.


Here is Victoria with me. I look like I was telling my hubs how to use the camera. He didn't do a bad job though.


I just love the sound and sight of the wave hitting the beach. These were some beautiful rocks too.


A gorgeous site, makes me long for the summer. Can you tell I am not a winter girl?

I hope you enjoyed this brief interlude from the regular quilty posts.

Until Next Time...

Share/Bookmark

15 comments:

kim mclean said...

What a gorgeous spot Jackie, love the sea side. We're going into our summer now and it was blue skies today and a tad warm.
Enjoyed reading your blog! Kim McLean

irishgirlsews said...

Jackie,
I'm a beachy kind of soul too. Love hearing the waves lapping upon the shore, we live a few miles from the beach. Walking the beach is a favorite thing for me, then just sitting in my comfy blue chair & doing some applique by hand. I really enjoy your blog!!
Wendy

Vicki W said...

Winter hasn't even started and you are already wishing for summer! lol! I'm the person who wishes for winter in the middle of summer.

Victoria Findlay Wolfe said...

I'm with you on the summer thing... It's BEAUTIFUL OUT right now! We're heading to the beach now... Not many days left like this.... ;-) We had fun that day didn't we? tell hubbs to come on over now.. we'll meet you! ;-)

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

I wish I was sitting on a rock right now where that photo of you and Victoria was taken! It's snowing here with a winter storm warning for the next 24 hours - yuk.

WoolenSails said...

I haven't been to montauk in ages. My grandparents lived in amagansett, so I spent my summers there. I am sure it has changed a lot.

Debbie

Terry said...

I'm not a winter girl either. How long until spring? LOL

Cathi said...

I'm not a winter person either! Thankfully, we've had a few days this week of mild temperatures for this time of year. But I'd much rather have days like the day in our picture -- and be able to walk along the lakefront without the cold wind!

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Oh I so not a winter girl. Why do I live in Illinois!

badlandsquilts said...

Oh I so agree...we had our first snow of the year today and I would be fine if that was it! Thanks for sharing!

Thimbleanna said...

You had snow already? We managed to skip it by a mere 60 miles and we've had a beautiful Indian Summer this week. Your summer pictures are beautiful!

Munaiba said...

In this hemisphere we're heading into summer. Come and pay us a visit. :)

Rumi said...

Oh, How I long for those warm, lazy days of summer! Sigh...

Thanks for a little bit of sunshine to brighten a dreary day!

Dionne said...

Beautiful pictures, what great sun you're getting this late in the season!
Cheers,
Dionne

Nanette Merrill said...

ohhh how fun. I love the shore/beach.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...