Saturday, November 13, 2010

Looking Back

Hello Everyone,

With winter fast approaching and having had our first snowfall on Monday, I have been thinking of the summer. So I wanted to share a great day that we had in August.

My hubs and I had taken a trip to see Victoria and her family in August. They took us on a wonderful outing to Montauk Point Lighthouse.


A beautiful day was had by all. This lighthouse is at the very eastern tip of Long Island. What a gorgeous place.


Here is Victoria with me. I look like I was telling my hubs how to use the camera. He didn't do a bad job though.


I just love the sound and sight of the wave hitting the beach. These were some beautiful rocks too.


A gorgeous site, makes me long for the summer. Can you tell I am not a winter girl?

I hope you enjoyed this brief interlude from the regular quilty posts.

Until Next Time...

Share/Bookmark

15 comments:

kmcl said...

What a gorgeous spot Jackie, love the sea side. We're going into our summer now and it was blue skies today and a tad warm.
Enjoyed reading your blog! Kim McLean

irishgirlsews said...

Jackie,
I'm a beachy kind of soul too. Love hearing the waves lapping upon the shore, we live a few miles from the beach. Walking the beach is a favorite thing for me, then just sitting in my comfy blue chair & doing some applique by hand. I really enjoy your blog!!
Wendy

Vicki W said...

Winter hasn't even started and you are already wishing for summer! lol! I'm the person who wishes for winter in the middle of summer.

Victoria @ BUMBLE BEANS said...

I'm with you on the summer thing... It's BEAUTIFUL OUT right now! We're heading to the beach now... Not many days left like this.... ;-) We had fun that day didn't we? tell hubbs to come on over now.. we'll meet you! ;-)

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

I wish I was sitting on a rock right now where that photo of you and Victoria was taken! It's snowing here with a winter storm warning for the next 24 hours - yuk.

WoolenSails said...

I haven't been to montauk in ages. My grandparents lived in amagansett, so I spent my summers there. I am sure it has changed a lot.

Debbie

Terry said...

I'm not a winter girl either. How long until spring? LOL

Cathi said...

I'm not a winter person either! Thankfully, we've had a few days this week of mild temperatures for this time of year. But I'd much rather have days like the day in our picture -- and be able to walk along the lakefront without the cold wind!

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Oh I so not a winter girl. Why do I live in Illinois!

badlandsquilts said...

Oh I so agree...we had our first snow of the year today and I would be fine if that was it! Thanks for sharing!

Thimbleanna said...

You had snow already? We managed to skip it by a mere 60 miles and we've had a beautiful Indian Summer this week. Your summer pictures are beautiful!

Munaiba said...

In this hemisphere we're heading into summer. Come and pay us a visit. :)

Rumi said...

Oh, How I long for those warm, lazy days of summer! Sigh...

Thanks for a little bit of sunshine to brighten a dreary day!

Dionne said...

Beautiful pictures, what great sun you're getting this late in the season!
Cheers,
Dionne

Nanette Merrill and daughters said...

ohhh how fun. I love the shore/beach.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...