Saturday, June 20, 2009

Design Wall Love

Hello Everyone,

I have to say I have been busy the last week and lacking on my blog reading. So today I vow to get caught up.

But first an update, for those of you who remember or participated, pillowcases were delivered to the Hole in The Wall Gang Camp. A total of 1,600 pillowcases. Thank you all for your generous donations. Our goal next year is 2,000!! So I will be putting a call out for some more help. You can read an article about it here. All I can say is that they were absolutely thrilled!!

Also, my website has had a slight MAKEOVER!! So go check it out. I think it is a little simpler now. Let me know what you think. While you are there be sure to look at the customer quilts under Recent Additions. They are just beautiful!

Now for some pictures! I know a lot of you have been watching my progress on yet another Judy Niemeyer quilt. Well I am happy to say that I am almost done!!

Loving the stars.....



Mmmmm... raspberry and chocolate batiks a yummy combo!



Top right corner....


Top left corner....


The entire (well almost) quilt on my design wall. Unfortunately, my wall is not long enough. There is an outlet that you just can't cover up. So the bottom border sits on my table.


As you can see in the above picture, I made a design decision to make have the border chocolate and half raspberry. I kind of like the look and am slowly but surely piecing all the units together.

I have really been enjoying paper piecing of late. But after this one, I must get started on my Spooktacular Halloween Swap that Jane is hosting. I have the fabric ready to go!

My next post will be on Tuesday, so keep an eye out! I have something special planned for my readers!

Until Next Time.....



Share/Bookmark

42 comments:

Vickie E said...

:That is looking awesome Jackie!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I love the color combination in that one too. Paper piecing is time consuming but so rewarding.

Vicki W said...

What a beautiful quilt! I love the colors.

Karen from Sew Many Ways... said...

All I can say is holy mackerel that quilt is gorgeous!! That is a blue ribbon for sure!
~Karen~

Stina Blomgren said...

Oh oh.. all that paper piecing.. Im sooo impressed Jackie... its going to be beautiful.. or it is !!! :o))

Karen said...

Chocolate and Raspberry! How very yummy! A beautiful quilt.

Dandelion Quilts said...

Oh...I like that chocolate and raspberry. So pretty. I like paper piecing, too. I will in NY next Tuesday, :( sorry I will miss the surprise...but hopefully I will be having a great time being Ms. Tourist. Have a good weekend...

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

It's beautiful - love the color/fabric selection!

Unknown said...

Just gorgeous Jackie, my gosh you are patient with all that PP.

MichelleB said...

Another fabulous quilt! Stunning.

Nedra said...

Wow! That Judy N. quilt is amazing. I love your colors and I am not a pink person. But with the brown and the design, it's perfect.
Looking forward to seeing your blocks for the swap.

Teresa said...

OH my goodness..that is beautiful!!

Cathi said...

Wow! That is absolutely stunning. I love the raspberry and chocolate colours together. I just want to sit here and stare at the pictures. It's fabulous!

Kim Walus said...

That is one STUNNING quilt. I love the colors you choose and together they make it sparkle. Beautiful work! WOW!

Sherri said...

I so love this quilt! Raspberry and Chocolate...what could be better!

Browndirtcottage said...

Way to go Jackie...this is going to be FAB....I want to be a quilt maker like you when I grow up...yes...yes I do!

PamKittyMorning said...

You're killing me with that! You're so creative and you get so much done!

wishes, true and kind said...

Love the design, love the colors! And your triangles are so crisp! Can't wait to see the finished product!

Annette said...

I love the combination...chocolate and raspberry. Makes me hungry. This is just an awesome quilt!!

Janet said...

This quilt is fabulous. I'm intrigued with the way the star is pieced. I like the idea that all the pieces do not come to the center (so much bulk). Chocolate and Raspberry is delicious together!

Kristin said...

Ohhh!! I love it. This is going to be beautiful.

Abby and Stephanie said...

Simply stunning and delicious! Perfection, Jackie.

Lisa @celebrate CREATIVITY said...

Wow, wow, wow!!! This is truly stunning. I'm going to go visit that website after I leave here. What a fantastic pattern, so intricate and I really love the colors you selected.

What a pleasure to browse.

Red Pepper Quilts - Rita Hodge said...

Jackie, what wonderful work! Great stars, I love this pattern! The chocolate and raspberry border is perfect. Stunning quilt!

Rita

Anonymous said...

Wow that quilt top looks so complex and your points are so exact. Beautiful work Jackie.

Rumi said...

Lovely, lovely quilt Jackie!

Victoria Findlay Wolfe said...

GOREGOUS QUILT!!!! oh my goodness.
i love it.

Eileen said...

You are really geting GOOD at these stars.. or mariner's compasses or whatever you call them. Love the colors you chose for this one. Paper piecing is fun!

Anya said...

I love that new Judy Niemeyer quilt. It's probably gorgeous in person.

Dawn said...

I loooooove the new look, Jackie!

And your raspberry & chocolate quilt is so, so precise. Man! I am just in awe of your intricate work.

And 1,600 pillowcases is just AMAZING!

Rose Marie said...

Zowie ..... this is stunning and it is not even finished yet! What size will it be?

Nanette Merrill said...

The quilt is amazing. Really really so beautiful and stunning. I think the website is a great improvement. Easy to get to the podcasts now too. Good job Jackie! I'm behind too. It happens.

Jen said...

Incredibly beautiful!!!!!

Anonymous said...

WOW!! Amazing!!

Thimbleanna said...

Oh Jackie -- it's spectactular! I LOVE the color combo!!!

Unknown said...

1600 pillowcases! That's amazing! Another reminder of how blessed I am to be in the creative community :) Your quilt is spectacular!!

sewkalico said...

This is stunning!

Michela said...

Hello Jackie!
What a cheerful and colourful blog you have!
Can I join in your lovely giveaway, please?
I'm going to spread the word..
Greetings from Italy!

jacquie said...

congrats on all the pillowcases. i feel back i didn't get mine done. i'm sure there will be a next time. love this quilt...the raspberry/chocolate combo is stunning. lovely, just lovely!

quiltmom anna said...

Jackie,
This is a fabulous piece- you have done a wonderful job of the paper piecing. It is a fun way of being precise even if it takes time-
I love your color choices.
Thanks for sharing.
Regards,
Anna

Wendy said...

I'm behind on my blog reading, but your raspberry and chocolate stars are wonderful, as it the whole quilt! Happy belated birthday!

Janet said...

I'm in awe of the finished quilt. It's gorgeous. Your workmanship is outstanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...