Monday, September 15, 2008

Snowballs....I think! And Thanks Vicki!

Hello Everyone,

I am making progress on my mystery quilt. I am desperately trying to catch on my clues. But to my detriment, I am very obsessive about the perfection of my quilting skills. Translates to "boy it can really slow you down." 

Anyhoo... Here is the progress I have made. I had to make 1/2 snowball units, not sure why, just had to do it. Here is what they look like...



Now I am in the process of making these strippy units. Again, I am not sure why, just doing what I am told to do with hopes of it being spectacular in the end. Anyhoo, here is what they look like....
So, I am plugging along with great hopes to finish this sometime in the near future. 

I also received a package from Vicki. I won a contest on her blog. She sent me a bunch of fun stuff. Thanks so much Vicki!!  Here take a peek at what was in the package.

Once again, I have been busy, check out the new customer quilts here. Hopefully, I will be back soon with another mystery update!!

Until then, happy quilting!


Share/Bookmark

15 comments:

Nanette Merrill said...

What lovely things. I'm watching your mystery journey. Its fun to see from the sidelines what you are doing. And your package from Vicki is lovely.

julieQ said...

I love your mystery, and I don't even know what it is at all! Where did you find this one? Lovely fabrics and such excellent work.

Anonymous said...

Nice bloggy win! Now if you knew why snowballs, then there would be no mystery :o)

ale balanzario said...

Hi there, first time visiting your blog, you have wonderful quilts here, wow, I cant stand the mystery, but will come back to see it.

mary-myneedlethead.blogspot.com said...

Love your blog! Hugs, Mary

Anonymous said...

Oh Jackie, what a shame...I did a wrong comment (again!) just a minutes ago. I sent yours to Jacquie (cos at the same time I open up many windows, haha...sorry!). Your mistery future quilt seems lovely at the end. You know, I'm trying to cut my fabrics today. I'll put on my blog later so you could give me any suggestion. I haven't had a sew machine so I'll try with hand sewing. Btw, what is 'sashing' Jackie? I had seen the picture about its detail, but still didin't get it..

em's scrapbag said...

What fun treasures you recieved. I'm having a great time watching your progress on the mystery.

Arlette said...

Jackie, I've been away from your blog for far too long. I had no idea that you travelled so much this summer. Your Peruvian trip sounds fantastic and you sure brought back some lovely images.
Your mystery quilt is coming along beautifully. Can't wait to see the finished quilt.
Congrats on your blog win. It looks like you received some very lovely things. Take care.
Aloha!

Cheryl said...

Fun to try and figure out those mystery quilts! Thanks for sharing the customers quilts..I really enjoy seeing them.

Amanda Jean said...

I love the fabric that you are using for your mystery quilt! it's looking good.

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Hi Jackie, I love the fabrics you have picked for your mystery quilt, it looks like fun, wish I would have seen it too! You made a lot of blocks, looks like it will be large, can not wait to see it all the way through. Jane
PS Boy can you quilt girl!!

annemariesquilt said...

Looks just lovely Jackie..
I just want to wish you a great weekend!

Wendy said...

The mystery quilt looks interesting so far. You hit the mother load on the winnings....Congrats!!

Colleen formerly of South Africa said...

Lovely blog. I loved the Peru photos as well. Very interesting to see where the mystery ends up at.

Vickie E said...

You're welcome Jackie! And I love the fabrics you are using in your snowball quilt!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...